A change to start dinner with and the leftovers were great in my lunch box. from Reader's Digest
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sultana raisin
- 3/4 lb young carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 3/4 ounces chopped peanuts or 1 3/4 ounces pecans or 1 3/4 ounces walnuts
- 1Put a little water into a kettle and put it on to boil.
- 2Put the sultanas into a small bowl, then cover them with boiling water and set them aside.
- 3To make the citrus dressing, peel and finely grate the ginger into a small mixing bowl.
- 4Finely grate half the rind from the lemon and then from the orange into the bowl.
- 5Squeese the juice from half of the lemon and then from half of the orange and add it to the ginger in the mixing bowl.
- 6Stir in the sour cream or yogurt and set the dressing aside.
- 7Peel the carrots and grate them into a serving bowl, then drain the sultanas and add them.
- 8Stir the dressing into the carrots and sultana mixture, then season with salt and add honey or sugar to taste.
- 9Finally, stir in the chopped nuts and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot and Ginger Salad
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.2
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 86.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: