Recipe by Derf
A change to start dinner with and the leftovers were great in my lunch box. from Reader's Digest
Top Review by Bergy
What a wonderful dressing! It almost tastes coconutty with a citrus twang. I used 2% yogurt and plumped the raisins in hot Maderia wine - Very very good salad heartily enjoyed - I know when it is a "DERF" recipe we will enjoy it. This was part of a Chrismas Eve Buffet - Thanks Dorothy
- 1⁄2 cup sultana raisin
- 3⁄4 lb young carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey or 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 3⁄4 ounces chopped peanuts or 1 3⁄4 ounces pecans or 1 3⁄4 ounces walnuts
- 2 inches gingerroot
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a little water into a kettle and put it on to boil.
- Put the sultanas into a small bowl, then cover them with boiling water and set them aside.
- To make the citrus dressing, peel and finely grate the ginger into a small mixing bowl.
- Finely grate half the rind from the lemon and then from the orange into the bowl.
- Squeese the juice from half of the lemon and then from half of the orange and add it to the ginger in the mixing bowl.
- Stir in the sour cream or yogurt and set the dressing aside.
- Peel the carrots and grate them into a serving bowl, then drain the sultanas and add them.
- Stir the dressing into the carrots and sultana mixture, then season with salt and add honey or sugar to taste.
- Finally, stir in the chopped nuts and serve.