Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Baltimore Style Magazine. I've been wanting to try this one for awhile, but don't want to lose it in the meantime.... lovely vegetarian recipe.
- 3 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 24 sheets wonton wrappers
- 6 -8 leaves fresh basil, Thai or 6 -8 leaves cinnamon
- kosher salt
- In a medium saucepan, sweat carrots, ginger and shallots in butter. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken stock and simmer until carrots are completely soft. Continue to cook carrots until the liquid is almost gone. Purée contents in a food processor until smooth and adjust seasoning.
- In another sauce pot, add oil and heat over a medium flame. Add curry powder and cook for 1 minute to release aroma, then add coconut milk and sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes and adjust taste with salt.
- To make the ravioli, dip your finger in the beaten eggs and wet the wonton wrapper. Place a spoon of filling in the center of the wonton wrapper and place a new wonton wrapper over it and very gently seal the edges around the filling. Repeat 11 more times laying each ravioli carefully on a plastic-covered tray.
- Bring a large pot to boil, salt the water, and reduce to simmer. Add the ravioli to the pot and cook for 2 minutes. Carefully remove the ravioli with a slotted spoon and tap on an absorbent paper towel before sliding into warm shallow bowls or plates. Ladle the curry sauce over the ravioli and garnish with finely sliced Thai basil and serve.