Recipe by Sueie
Vegetarian lasagna, with a bit of a difference, great way to use up extra carrots.
Top Review by Sackville
I would never have thought of mixing together carrots, basil and a cream sauce in a lasagna but it works very well. The carrots even kept a little bite after being cooked, which I liked. The prep time took me a while but I had to grate the carrots by hand. I baked this in a 180C (350F) oven for about 30 minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium leek, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 medium carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 300 ml cream
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 lasagna sheets
- 400 g feta, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease ovenproof dish.
- Heat butter and oil in pan, add leeks and garlic, cook, stirring until leeks are soft.
- Add carrots, cook, covered, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, or until carrots are soft, cool slightly, stir in basil.
- Combine eggs, cream and pepper in bowl, mix well.
- Cover base of prepared dish with half lasagna sheets, top with half the carrot mixture, half the feta and half the egg mixture.
- Repeat layers, finishing with egg mixture.
- Bake uncovered in moderate oven about 50 minutes or until firm and browned.