Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Modified from Wholefoods Market recipe. I made the entire thing in my Thermomix.
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup melted virgin coconut or 1⁄4 cup high-heat sunflower oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cupselfraising gluten-free flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or oil with natural cooking spray and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place carrots and dates in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse and then blend until finely chopped. Add walnuts and pulse to finely chop.
- Transfer to a bowl; add oil, eggs and maple syrup, stir to combine completely. In a separate bowl, combine all remaining dry ingredients.
- Pour liquid ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
This is a great recipe for Winter. I probably adjusted the maple syrup down a bit and added a couple tablespoons of honey.