My daughter and I came up with this sandwich for our weekly afternoon tea. The sandwiches are spicy, sweet, and have a nice crunch to them. Enjoy!
- Combine the grated carrot, cream cheese spread, brown sugar, and five-spice powder in a bowl. Mix well.
- Chill the mixture for 1/2 hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- Cut the crusts off of the pumpernickel slices and roll the bread to flatten it.
- Spread the mixture onto two of the slices of bread and top with the other two slices.
- Cut these sandwiches diagonally into two triangles each.