Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My daughter and I came up with this sandwich for our weekly afternoon tea. The sandwiches are spicy, sweet, and have a nice crunch to them. Enjoy!
- Combine the grated carrot, cream cheese spread, brown sugar, and five-spice powder in a bowl. Mix well.
- Chill the mixture for 1/2 hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- Cut the crusts off of the pumpernickel slices and roll the bread to flatten it.
- Spread the mixture onto two of the slices of bread and top with the other two slices.
- Cut these sandwiches diagonally into two triangles each.
This is an awesome sandwich! I really liked the combination of the carrot with the cream cheese and the five spice powder (which I accidentally doubled...). So good! The only thing I changed was to use a spelt raisin and nut bread leaving the crusts on the bread and to leave out the sugar.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this amazing recipe with us, quondamquadrat!
Made and reviewed for one of my Pick A Chef Babies March 2011.