Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Made the original recipe but wanted to leave out the saturated fats. Butter extract was add for a buttery flavor. After blending, strain through a sieve for a smoother texture.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups light vegetable stock
- ground black pepper
- fresh coriander (to decorate)
- butter flavor extract (to taste)
- Heat oil in large saucepan and saute carrots and celery for 2 minutes.
- Add coriander and cumin, fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add stock, pinch of salt and pepper, bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Put through blender.
- Correct the seasonings and texture.
- Decorate with a little drop of cream (optional) and fresh coriander.