1/1 Photo of Carrot and Coriander Soup
The Desi Chef's Note:
An easy to make quick and delicious soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1DO NOT ADD SALT UNTIL THE END AFTER TASTING.
- 2Make the stock with boiling water and two cubes.
- 3In a medium sized pan throw about an inch cube (or two tablespoons) of butter (NOT margarine otherwise Olive Oil) . Put it on low heat.
- 4Throw coarsely chopped onions, ginger and garlic and stir it for a couple of minutes. Lower the heat even further but don’t let the butter burn.
- 5If it starts to stick add a few spoons of stock.
- 6Once the onions go a bit limp, add carrots and saute (stir fry) them for a bit (a minute or two).
- 7Add stock and bring to boil.
- 8Once it starts to boil. lower the heat, add the coriander and put the lid on.
- 9Let it cook on low heat until carrots are tender.
- 10Shift the contents to a blender (you made to do it in installments). Blend thoroughly and return it to the pan.
- 11Warm it for a bit and add freshly ground black pepper and seasoning.
- 12Dish it out in a bowl. Garnish with a few Coriander leaves.
- 13Serve with crusty bread rolls.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot and Coriander Soup
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.2
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 604.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: