Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The carrots and coriander really go well together in this recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups light vegetable stock
- salt, ground black pepper
- fresh coriander (to decorate)
- Melt butter in large saucepan and saute carrots and celery for 2 minutes.
- Add coriander and cumin, fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add stock, pinch of salt and pepper, bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Put through blender.
- Decorate with a little drop of cream (optional) and fresh coriander.
This was a really tasty soup. I added a big handful of fresh chopped coriander before blending the soup which gave it a delicious fresh taste.
This soup has a wonderful Middle Eastern flavor to it. Instead of ground coriander I used a bunch of fresh coriander and sauteed it with the carrots and celery. Pureed the whole thing up with my immersion blender, and added a cup of cream at the end, heating just until ready.
I used celery leaves and thin celelery stalkes from the garden. I still had enought coriander green in the freezer!
I used this soup and added my leftovers (of new year eve) of Recipe #464692.
Come out really delicious!