1/3 Photos of Carrot and Coriander Pilaf
From the September 20, 2005 Sydney Morning Herald. Serve with lentils and warm naan or roti bread, or with grilled fish or chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a lidded saucepan and cook the onion until soft.
- 2Add the coriander, cumin and mustard seeds, ground coriander and turmeric and cook for 1 minute, then add the carrot, stirring well.
- 3Add the rice, water and salt and bring to the boil, stirring. Cover tightly and simmer very gently, undisturbed, for 15 minutes.
- 4Take from the heat for a further 5 mins, covered, then fluff up with two forks.
- 5Serve with lemon quarters and fresh coriander.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot and Coriander Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 646.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 7.1 g