Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A thick, velvety soup with rich flavours and warm aromas- from Sarah Brown's Vegetarian Cookbook. So simple to make- a delightful starter or sumptuous main!
- Dry roast the spices and grind with pestle and mortar. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan, and fry the onion and garlic until soft, followed by the spices.
- Add the carrot and parsnip and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the stock and leave to cook for 50mins-1 hour, then leave to cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender, and add the tamarind paste and coconut milk, then blend until smooth.
- Put soup back in pan, reheat and season to taste- Voila!