Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe I made back in the 70's, I found it in one of my old cookbooks and wanted to share it.
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl until light in colour.
- Stir in the salad oil, vanilla essence, coconut, raisins, grated carrots and chopped nuts.
- Mix till blended.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon, add sugar.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- When well blended, spoon soggy mix into a buttered and floured loaf tin. (18cm x 10 cm).
- Bake at 180C for 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Remove loaf from tin and wrap in tea towel, stand on a trivet to air.