Recipe by Rena Raphael
In England my mother makes this every winter. This soup is healthy and delicious. I like to serve this for lunch with fresh bread.
Top Review by -Sylvie-
This is a really simple to make and tasty soup. Ever since I first tasted carrot and corriander soup it has been one of my favourites. For ease I coarsly grated the carrots rather than chopping them, which menat that they also didn't need quite as long to be cooked. I also added some fresh corriander (cilantro) once the soup was done for some extra flavour. I'll probably increase the amount of garlic and ground corriander/corriander seeds a little next time as I felt it needed a little bit of something extra.
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cilantro
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large pan, add onion, garlic and carrots.
- Cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Stir in crushed and ground cilantro and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the stock, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes (or until the carrots are tender).
- Puree the soup in a blender or food processor, then return to the pan.
- Add salt and pepper and reheat gently before serving.