Recipe by Boomette
This is from Coup de Pouce. This is an healthy recipe and done in 20 minutes. No cooking time involved. ETA on July 22, 2011 : I made this recipe. We loved the carrots and peas in the couscous. We thought it was too much fresh cilantro in the couscous. But also we're not fan of cilantro. If you love cilantro, then I'm sure it's going to be perfect for you ;)
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded roughly
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix couscous, carrots and peas. Add boiling water, cover and let rest for 5 minutes or until veggies are tender but still crunchy and water is absorbed. With a fork, fluff the couscous.
- In a small bowl, with a whisk, mix lemon juice, oil, salt, fresh cilantro and ground coriander. Add this mixture to the couscous and mix delicately. Serve warm or at room temperature.