Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Coup de Pouce. This is an healthy recipe and done in 20 minutes. No cooking time involved. ETA on July 22, 2011 : I made this recipe. We loved the carrots and peas in the couscous. We thought it was too much fresh cilantro in the couscous. But also we're not fan of cilantro. If you love cilantro, then I'm sure it's going to be perfect for you ;)
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded roughly
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- In a bowl, mix couscous, carrots and peas. Add boiling water, cover and let rest for 5 minutes or until veggies are tender but still crunchy and water is absorbed. With a fork, fluff the couscous.
- In a small bowl, with a whisk, mix lemon juice, oil, salt, fresh cilantro and ground coriander. Add this mixture to the couscous and mix delicately. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This was a great simple recipe. Nice and light too! I used frozen peas and carrots along with fresh carrot which worked well.
This is a very yummy, healthy couscous recipe. The peas and carrot add a lovely freshness and crunch to the salad. It was quick and easy to make and overall very satisfying and enjoyable. I did think it lacked a little spice, so I added about 1/8 ts of granulated garlic and a few dashes ground chilli pepper flakes. This way I thought it was even better. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful couscous variation with us, Boomie! Ill make it again! Made and reviewed for Went to the Market Tag Game April 2010.
Love this recipe. It goes together quick and can be served warm or room temperature. It is healthy and definitely packs a great taste. The only change I made was to double the lemon juice and olive oil...but this is definitely up to your taste.