Recipe by Rainette
A simple no-frills soup which is tasty.
Top Review by OCMom1
I made this as a weekday lunch side for the boring sandwiches I usually drag and found it quiet satisfying and tasty. Other than not having Leek, I used the same ingrediants listed but had to use my blender to puree the soup good. I love using chickpeas in soups to add in the extra protein and fiber.
- 10 1⁄2 ounces canned chick-peas
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 small leek, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed spice
- plain yogurt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, heat oil. Add carrots and stir until carrots are soft.
- Add all other ingredients apart from the yoghurt.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for approx 25 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Remove pan from heat and, using a hand blender, blend until the soup is nice and smooth. Return to the heat and heat through again.
- Optional: add a dollop of plain yoghurt to garnish, or even sprinkle with chives.