Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a sneaky way to get kids to eat carrots! The mozzarella makes this taste so heavenly. You can also use zucchini in place or (or in addition to) the carrots. It makes 12 baby (12 month and up) servings and 4 adult servings. This recipe comes from Better Baby Food.
- In a skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 5 minute
- Add carrots, salt and curry powder. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir into veggie mixture.
- Pour into greased 8x8 pan. Bake at 300 for 20 minutes.
- Top with cheese and paprika. Return to oven and bake for another 15 minutes or until custard is firm and cheese is melted.
- Cut into square and serve.
What a great place to start! I just can't resist "dinking" with a recipe. The only real changes I made were: I used a whole sweet onion, added about 1 C. of broccoli with the carrot, went for garlic powder instead of curry, and used a shredded Italian cheese blend... Opted for less salt and used no other spices. Used a 9x9 pan because of using more "guts" and I wanted to leave the cook time as is. Will have to go back and try it with the curry powder...might throw in some leftover chicken then, too! The possibilities are ENDLESS! This recipe is definitely getting sent to my daughter in college! Thanks for posting!
This was the last of the seven that I printed yesterday that I expected my almost three-year-old would go for. I used the curry powder but not the paprika, and he LOVES it. So do we! It took longer in the oven for me and I cranked up the heat a little. Going to try oil sub for butter next time and see if he will still eat it. Yum!