3 Reviews

I agree with MarlaM. My father gave our dogs beer, onions, garlic and bathed them in used motor oil (yah, gross I know but he believed it killed mites) and our dogs lived a long life but that doesn't mean they were not slowly being poisoned. As an adult I don't go by old wives tales or dark age remedies. I do my homework and do right by my dogs. Don't feed your dogs garlic.

0 people found this helpful. Was it helpful to you? [Yes] [No]
jlongly July 03, 2008

FYI, garlic does have an ingredient, thiosulphate, that may be toxic to dogs and cats, but only in very large amounts. Garlic in small amounts is actually considered to be benefical to animals. My dad always gave our dogs garlic powder on their food, because he heard it kept the fleas away and those dogs all lived to be 17-18 years old!

0 people found this helpful. Was it helpful to you? [Yes] [No]
MarlaM August 13, 2007

Dogs should not have garlic...Garlic is toxic for dogs!!

0 people found this helpful. Was it helpful to you? [Yes] [No]
kjindra04 August 12, 2007
Carrot and Cheese Cookies for Dogs