Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Qu'est-ce qu'on mange volume 3.
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 8 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- celery leaves, to taste
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups 15% cream
- Bring to boil chicken stock in a saucepan.
- Add carrots, celery, leaves, onion and parsley. Add salt and pepper.
- Season with bay leaf and cloves.
- Reduce heat and let simmer 20 to 30 minutes, until veggies are tender.
- Put in blender and reduce in puree.
- Put back in the saucepan and add the cream.
- Simmer 2 to 3 minutes, just to reheat.
This was very good, and easy - I pureed it in the pot using an immersion blender. I used half-n-half which is about 12% fat, and it was just the right amount of creaminess for us. The only thing I'd do differently is try nutmeg instead of adding the cloves. We thought nutmeg flavor might go better with the veggies than the cloves did.