Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Try serving this for your special company, and get rave reviews.
- 8 carrots, peeled
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Cut carrots 1/4 inch slanting slices (approx 4 cups) and break cauliflower into flowerlets. Cook in boiling salted water 10 mins til tender. Plunge into cold water.
- Melt butter, mix in flour and mustard. Cook til bubbly. Remove from heat and add chicken broth and cream.
- Cook, stirring til thickened.
- Gradually add 1 cup of cheese, stirring til melted.
- Combine veggies and sauce in 2 qt casserole. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 350 15 mins (35 mins if chilled before baking).
When I made this guests included a couple of vegetarian friends, so I used vegetable broth this time around instead of the chicken variety ~ & had a very well received side dish, & two even asked for the recipe! Thanks for posting it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Bargain Basement cooking game]