Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make this a few times last summer, and it was lovely with bbq'ed chicken and steak. You can leave the nuts out, I did once. Points 2.
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 2 cups coarsely shredded cabbage
- 1⁄3 cup dry roasted peanuts, preferably unsalted, chopped
- In large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, honey and soy sauce.
- Add carrots and cabbage.
- Toss to blend.
- Sprinkle peanuts on top and serve.
I am in love with cabbage and can't seem to find enough ways to get it every day. This recipe was a perfect base for my creation. I didnt have any soy sauce (shame on me!) so I used sea salt instead. I substituted the peanuts for dried cranberries. and I used both red and green cabbage. I accidently used more than 2 cups cabbage, but everything turned out nicely. Next time I will use the peanuts as well, to make this salad even better!