Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Moist and delicious, low fat, low calorie
Make and share this Carrot and Bran Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-bran cereal, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Pre heat oven to 375. Spray twelve cup muffin pan with oil spray. (I use 24 cup mini muffin pan ).
- Combine brn flakes with wholewheat and al-purpose flours, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In seperate bowl , blend egg whites, oil, buttermilk, apple sauce and lemon juice.
- Combine with dry ingrediants. Stir in carrots and raisins until combined.
- Spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes until risen and golden.