Recipe by Oolala
From the Williams-Sonoma Kitchen Library Salads cookbook. I love the photos in all the Williams-Sonoma cookbooks and I love the store, better yet, the outlet! This sounded unique and easy to make. Celery makes a nice alternative to carrots. Sesame, poppy or mustard seeds can replace the cumin seeds.
- 2 ounces blue cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 lb carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine the cheese, cream and salt to taste; blend until mixed.
- With the motor runing, add the oil in a thin, steady stream and continue to blend until the mixture is creamy.
- Arrange the carrots in a bowl, pour the dressing over the top, sprinkle with the cumin seeds and serve.