Prep 50 mins
Cook 35 mins
A slightly sweet soup that is low in fat and high in vitamins.
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups canned chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- Cook chopped apples and carrots in chicken broth over medium heat until tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Add nutmeg.
- Puree soup in blender or food processor (be careful with the hot soup).
- Stir in the evaporated milk.
- Soup can be served hot or cold.
Simple and yummy! Be sure to cut the carrots small enough so they cook soft. I also added rosemary.
Very nice soup which has generous servings. Even better with homegrown or organic carrots.