Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I often bake these wheat and gluten free healthy dog treats for my three Golden Retrievers, Mac, Maesie and Matilda. I love to create treat and cookie recipes especially for them using ingredients, I know are healthy alternatives to the ingredients in most store purchased dog treats. I blog about these healthy recipes on my doggy blog, http://3mbakery.com. As this recipe is gluten and wheat free and working with flours which lack gluten can be tricky (the dough crumbles and pulls apart easily), with a little effort it all comes together for a great result. Your fur-kids will definitely love it if you try it for them!
- 473.18 ml brown rice flour
- 473.18 ml gluten-free oats
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml carrot, finely grated
- 177.44 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml water
- 44.37 ml molasses
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line two cookie trays with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the rice flour, rolled oats, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, combine the grated carrot, apple sauce, eggs, water and molasses.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the carrot/apple mixture.
- Mix thoroughly together until it is well combined and is a semi-moist consistency.
- Using 2 teaspoons, drop teaspoon sized clusters onto the cookie tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove trays from the oven and leave the clusters to rest on the cookie trays for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Remove clusters from the cookie trays and place on wire cooling racks to cool completely.