1/1 Photo of Carrot and Apple Clusters - Wheat Free Dog Treats
I often bake these wheat and gluten free healthy dog treats for my three Golden Retrievers, Mac, Maesie and Matilda. I love to create treat and cookie recipes especially for them using ingredients, I know are healthy alternatives to the ingredients in most store purchased dog treats. I blog about these healthy recipes on my doggy blog, http://3mbakery.com. As this recipe is gluten and wheat free and working with flours which lack gluten can be tricky (the dough crumbles and pulls apart easily), with a little effort it all comes together for a great result. Your fur-kids will definitely love it if you try it for them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350° F and line two cookie trays with parchment paper.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together the rice flour, rolled oats, and cinnamon.
- 3In a small bowl, combine the grated carrot, apple sauce, eggs, water and molasses.
- 4Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the carrot/apple mixture.
- 5Mix thoroughly together until it is well combined and is a semi-moist consistency.
- 6Using 2 teaspoons, drop teaspoon sized clusters onto the cookie tray.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 8Remove trays from the oven and leave the clusters to rest on the cookie trays for 5 – 10 minutes.
- 9Remove clusters from the cookie trays and place on wire cooling racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot and Apple Clusters - Wheat Free Dog Treats
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1606.3
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 372.0 mg
- Sodium 283.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 324.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.9 g
- Sugars 59.7 g
- Protein 37.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: