Recipe by AdriMicina
I had some lonely carrots in the fridge who were crying desperately, waiting to be used, so I just had to make up this recipe in a hurry to comfort them...(;>)!
- 3⁄4 cup pureed cooked carrot
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower oil
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup brown sugar (depending on how sweet you want them to be)
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, finely chopped (but not ground)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, finely chopped (but not ground)
- 1⁄2 orange, rind of, grated
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 drops almond essence
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 180°C, grease muffin pans or line them with paper cups.
- In a bowl mix well wet ingredients (carrot puree through to almond essence).
- Fold in dry ingredients all at once, taking care not to overmix.
- Spoon in prepared muffin pans and bake for 15-20 minutes or until top is brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.