Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was our Granny Carrie's favorite dish. We sure miss going over to her house for this comforting feast but we are so glad she wrote it down for us in her memory cookbooks.
- Cut and core cabbage. Cut cabbage like you.
- would for coleslaw.
- Rinse cabbage. Cut onion into thin slices.
- While cabbage is draining cook bacon, leaving the fat in the skillet, reserve bacon to a dish . Layer cabbage, onion, salt,pepper, sugar(to help caramelize cabbage), and butter until all of the cabbage is in the pan.
- Cook under med to low heat until cabbage begins to.
- shrink. Every 5-10 minutes, stir cabbage.
- When cabbage has shrunk, turn heat up to high and fry.
- Cabbage will caramelize a little, that is ok.
- Crumble reserved bacon on top Serve hot!
Great blend of flavors with the cabbage and onion, but we found it too sweet. Made as written for Let's P*A*R*T*Y 12/10.
This is my FAVORITE dish! When I need some comfort food, this hits the spot. It's simple to make but the wait is a killer since it SMELLS SO GOOD! MMMMMMM!!