Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My sister-in-law created this delicious potato salad. My mom makes a wonderful potato salad that was everyone's favorite for years, until it was de-throned by this one! The real secret to its great taste is in the pickle juice, and I just keep adding until I like it -- sometimes nearly a fourth of a cup.
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 8 eggs, hard-boiled & mashed
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 -10 green onions, including tops, chopped
- 3 -4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 kosher dill pickles, chopped fine (I use Claussen's)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- Place the potatoes, eggs, green pepper, green onions, celery and pickles in a large bowl.
- In another, smaller, bowl, combine the mayonnaise or salad dressing, mustard, salt and pepper.
- I also add a little milk to make the texture creamier, and pickle juice (this is the secret to the divine flavor of this salad) to make it tangier.
- Add the dressing to the salad ingredients, chill for at least 1 hour.