1/1 Photo of Carrie's Grilled Cheese Sammich!
The dill rye, the carmelized onions, the ham...ooohhh and the cheese...heaven on a plate. I love this grilled cheese, different, but easy and oh so tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter each piece of bread on one side and stick the butter side together and set aside.
- 2Heat a skillet on hi and spray with non-stick spray. Add sliced onion and sautee until carmelized. Remove from pan and set aside. Wipe pan clean and set on medium heat.
- 3Place 4 pieces of the bread butter side down in your pan (I use a BIG skillet so this works, do this in stages if you have a small skillet). Add 1/4 of the onions, 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices of ham, then 1 slice of cheese and the last piece of bread, butter side out.
- 4Leave for about 3-4 minutes and peek, if golden brown turn over and cook until golden brown on that side.
- 5Slice in half and serve with a dill pickle.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrie's Grilled Cheese Sammich!
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.5
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.6 mg
- Sodium 1777.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 26.2 g