Recipe by Scotty & Callie's Mom
One of the sweetest people I ever worked with made these Date Bars for all the bake sales we had over the years. I tryed to buy them all!!
- 3 cups chopped dates
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup oleo
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dates, 1/4 sugar and water over low heat until thickened, cool.
- Add vanilla and set aside while preparing crust.
- Mix oleo and sugar.
- add the rest of ingredients and mix until crumbly.
- Press half of crumbs in bottom of 9x13" pan.
- Cover with date mixture and top with remaining crumbs and pat down.
- Bake at 400 Degrees for 25-30 minute.