1 hr 30 mins
Carrie G's Note:
This chili recipe features a blend of 3 types of beans plus beef and sausage for flavor. End result will be a colorful crowd pleaser or a comfort food on a cold winter's day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 lb ground beef (not too lean)
- 2 links Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup tomato sauce (use your favorite spaghetti sauce blend)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can dark red kidney beans (NOT DRAINED)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans (DRAINED AND RINSED)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can white kidney beans (DRAINED AND RINSED)
- 2 teaspoons beef base (may substitute one cup of beef broth)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water (add if using beef base)
- 1In large stock pot, combine beef and sausage.
- 2Season with salt, pepper and cumin.
- 3Add onions and garlic.
- 4Brown meat mixture thoroughly.
- 5Add green pepper, carrots, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, chili powder, beef base and water.
- 6Combine and bring to boil.
- 7Reduce to simmer, covered for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrie's Chili for Bean and Meat Lovers
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.4
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 67.1 mg
- Sodium 1676.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.4 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 39.2 g