Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I tinkered & messed with this recipe until I got it right. It bakes up high and light and just..well..Beautiful! I dont have good luck baking my bread in my machine, so I just make the dough in it and bake it in my regular oven. I hope you enjoy it! I do live at high altitude (6,000ft), which might have some effect on this.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 package active dry yeast (I use Red Star)
- Measure ingredients into your ABM in the order your manufacturere recommends.
- Set on light or medium setting to your preference.
- You can also make just dough with your ABM and bake in your oven or freeze the dough after the first rise in any shape you like.
- Bake in a conventional oven at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes.
This was absolutely fantastic and so light and airy. Thank you for sharing this fabulous recipe.
What a fantastic loaf! I didn't have any olive oil, so I used sunflower oil with an excellent result. You didn't specify what kind of "wheat flour" you used, so I used white whole wheat. This Recipe gets the El Hubbito "You can make that Again" award!