Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This dish is amazingly addictive for something so healthy! I make it as an appetizer for potluck, parties, cookouts, and other get togethers. People always ask me for the recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can white corn
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1⁄2 red onion (diced)
- 16 ounces Tostitos Scoops
- 1) In a pot combine oil, vinegar, and sugar.
- 2) Bring to boil to melt sugar, then cool.
- 3) Drain and rinse the cans of beans and corn in a large mixing bowl.
- 4) Mix the diced vegetables together with the beans and corn.
- 5) Pour cooled liquid over and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 6) Drain to serve. Serve with tortilla scoops.
Made this for a BBQ with friends and family. Everyone raved that it was the best salsa they had ever tasted.At one point everyone had stopped socializing and were all around the bowl digging in! My husband actually asked that I not use my old recipe anymore and stick to this one. It was fresh, tasty, easy to make and healthy. Really a perfect salsa.
Must to my surprise this salsa is very fresh considering it's canned products. One of my children had a 'project' due .. She had to find something that was made in Caribbean Cuisine. Thanks to her teacher they found this recipe. I was surprised to the flavor of it after it was finished. She took the salsa to school with her to share with her class mates in that class. And came home with a empty bowl .. and two bag's of empty chips. Apparently the teenager's agree that this is indeed delicious. I myself, being a type 2 diabetic played with the recipe at home (I just HAD to make some for home). I reduced the amount of sugar and added 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, 1/2 tsp of black pepper, 1/2 tsp kosher salt and 1/2 tsp of some fresh dill and the juice of half a lime. Needless to say the other children in the home completely finished off a bowl and chips as well. I am going to add this to my 'go to' recipe's for salsa/dips for any kind of function!