Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
Mrs. Jack gave me this recipe from Carrabba's since I had been looking for it and I appreciate her help. I am posting for safekeeping.
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 -6 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, simmer sliced garlic in olive oil over very low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir over medium heat another 2 minutes.
- Toss with cooked angel hair pasta and serve as a side dish for chicken or shrimp.
This is one of my FAVORITE dishes. I worked as a manager for Carrabba's for nearly 10 years. You have the recipe fairly accurate but you forgot one of the main ingredients. Rough chop about 8 basil leaves and add them at the very last minute to flavor the sauce. It makes a huge difference. I will also suggest using white pepper instead of black and use canned, whole Italian plum tomatoes and crush them in the sauce yourself. Enjoy this light and fabulous meal.
I have made this twice and both times I've doubled it. I also use a 28oz can of San Marzano plum tomatoes with most of the juices drained. I haven't had enough fresh basil on hand so I used freeze dried. My daughter's favorite dish at Carrabba's and she said it's perfect! One of the easiest meals I've ever made that didn't come out of a box or a bag!
What an easy and DELICIOUS recipe-tastes better than the restaurant!!! I made w/ canned tomatoes and added some grilled shrimp. Thank you, Kathie, for posting a great recipe! Made for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, October 2008.