Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of my favorite restaurants
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 226.79 g ground pork
- 78.07 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 44.37 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 44.37 ml grated romano cheese
- 44.37 ml minced fresh parsley
- 44.37 ml minced fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 236.59 ml olive oil
- Combine all ingredients, except olive oil in bowl.
- Roll mixture into 1 1/2" balls.
- Pour olive oil on a 2" x 13" x 9" baking pan and place meatballs on top; swirl pan around to coat meatballs in oil.
- Bake meatballs in 400°F oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown, but not cooked completely through.
- Remove meatballs from oil, drain on paper towels, and stir into your favorite pasta sauce.
Excellent meatballs and very easy to make. Like one of the other reviewers, I didn't use the olive oil - just baked the meatballs on a wire rack over a cookie sheet. I got about 40 meatballs - would definitely double this recipe and make extras to put in the freezer for quick weeknight meals. Thanks for posting this. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
Good meatballs! Based on what I had, I left out the green onion, used all parmesan (6 T), and subbed dry for fresh herbs. I wasn't really sure what rolling them in oil would do besides add calories (help them brown/look nice?), so I skipped that step. They were still delicious, even with some slightly freezer burned pork! I got about 25 meatballs from a full recipe. Never been to Carrabba's, but this recipe is good!
Carrabba's is one of my favorites too! I grew up with an Italian father who was a great cook -- these are similar to his recipe. Authentic tasting, great flavor. Definitely a keeper!