Recipe by Valerie in Florida
One of my favorite restaurants
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Excellent meatballs and very easy to make. Like one of the other reviewers, I didn't use the olive oil - just baked the meatballs on a wire rack over a cookie sheet. I got about 40 meatballs - would definitely double this recipe and make extras to put in the freezer for quick weeknight meals. Thanks for posting this. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except olive oil in bowl.
- Roll mixture into 1 1/2" balls.
- Pour olive oil on a 2" x 13" x 9" baking pan and place meatballs on top; swirl pan around to coat meatballs in oil.
- Bake meatballs in 400°F oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown, but not cooked completely through.
- Remove meatballs from oil, drain on paper towels, and stir into your favorite pasta sauce.