Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great on chicken or fish
Make and share this Carrabba's Lemon Butter Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter (you'll need about 1/2 stick of butter; directions follow)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- To clarify butter; Melt 1/2 stick of butter over low heat. When melted, remove from heat and set aside for several minutes to allow the milk solids to settle to the bottom. Skim the clear (clarified) butter from the top, and discard sediment. (This can be done ahead of time).
- To make the sauce: Heat clarified butter, add onion and garlic, and saute until transparent. Add lemon juice and white wine, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer 2-3 minutes to reduce liquid. Remove from heat and swirl in cold butter until sauce is smooth and emulsified.
Love this sauce on shrimp fra diavalo. Does anyone have that recipe?
I work at Carrabbas and it is the exact recipe we use. You can also substitute lime for the lemon. It also goes great over a filet. You can add some sliced pepperoncinii and it goes great over pasta.
The extra thing I added was some tempered milk like a dash. I thought it needed to be a bit creamier. I tempered it so it wouldn't curdle upon adding it to my sauce. At first after just tasting the sauce I thought it was TOO lemony but after the milk and some pasta noodles it was DELICIOUS. My fiance actually ate it which was a surprise because he doesn't like to try new things. It was a smash hit. Next time though...instead of clarifying the butter myself I'm just going to go to an Indian store and get "ghee." Much easier!!