Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Carrabba's is probably my favorite restaurant and so when I find copy cat recipe I try them out. This is one that I am holding to make sometime.
- 12 -15 large mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 2 ounces diced pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed Ritz cracker, about 12 crackers
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems.
- Finely chop stems and reserve.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and cook onion, pepperoni, green pepper, garlic, and chopped mushroom stems until tender but not brown.
- Add crackers, parmesan, parsley, salt, oregano, a dash of pepper, and mix well. Still in broth.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps, heaping tops.
- In a shallow baking pan with 1/4-inch water covering bottom of pan, place stuffed mushrooms.
- Bake uncovered about 25 minutes until heated thoroughly.
I served these on Christmas Eve for a gathering of friends and family and they got wonderful reviews....disappeared very quickly! Thanks for posting!