Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Copycat recipe. This is also the way I make my meatballs. Using the three kinds of meat makes for a more moist and light meatball. I have also used this recipe for meatloaf.
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 minced garlic cloves, sauteed
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- olive oil (for frying)
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a bowl.
- Heat oil in large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Roll mixture into 1 1/2" balls and fry until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon lined with paper towels.
I was hesitant, not seeing any oregano or basil in this recipe, but these meatballs are OUTSTANDING!! I slowly simmer my meatballs in the sauce because I like the way it makes the sauce taste, but other than that, I followed the recipe. Thanks, Marie!
I think this is the only recipe on Zaar that has the obligate 3 meats to make a perfect Italian meatball. This is the true meatball of Italian chefs (look up meatballs on foodtv.com & see), thank you very much Marie!
I couldn't find ground veal in the grocery store I went to so I doubled the beef and they were still great. Easy to make and loved by all (including my 2, 6 and 7 year olds). Will make again soon.