Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
just like the herb mix they use at Carrabba's
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Grind together and put 1 tablespoon of mixture on plate.
- Pour extra virgin olive oil over and mix together with mixture.
- Dip warm french bread in the mixture.
Recipe is sound however I must correct one aspect and that is ONLY FRESH herbs are used by Carrabba's and NEVER dried versions...next time you make "Italian Butter" go with fresh herbs and you will be amazed at the difference. Oh and also I typically half the garlic content (especially so with fresh minced) otherwise 10 days later your sister will comment on how awesome your garlic breath is did you exercise a vampire the night prior or something. No one wants to hear that. Stephanie Meyer, Lestat, Louie or otherwise...enjoy!
Just like Carrabba's! Delicious! If you could get better than Carrabba's this is it! This really is amazing. The Very best dipping sauce EVER!
I zipped everything through the food processor and I think it turned out pretty good. I do think that next time I would only use 1/2 of a teaspoon of the pepper flakes. It was kind of hot but that's maybe just me. Thanks for posting!!