Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pinch oregano, fresh if possible
- 1 pinch basil, fresh if possible
- 1 pinch rosemary, fresh if possible
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 dash red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Mix together herbs and spices.
- Place on a saucer.
- Add crushed garlic and mix well.
- Add melted butter; pour olive oil over mixture.
- Use as a dip for Italian bread.
Made this for Christmas Eve with our traditional Seafood assortment. It was EXCELLENT. I chose to leave the butter out (saved those fat grams for the crab legs )and used all fresh ingredients as specified. I have been to carrabas and had asked the waiter what all was in the herb mixture--he spouted off 13 (can't remember them now) in all and they just use the olive oil there as well--no butter. I'm sure it is even better with the butter, but for those watching their fat intake it's just as good w/out. Thanks