1/17 Photos of Carrabba's Chicken Marsala
I searched for this recipe on-line. I found a link to it from a Knoxsville, TN news station that Carrabba's Italian Grill was the presenter for chicken marsala. It includes the spices for the chicken before grilling. WBIR.com-recipes. Update: I always use 8 oz. fresh mushrooms and add them while sauteeing the shallots, so changed the recipe to my way of making it. Also can add more cornstarch for a thicker sauce, but start with the stated amount and add more to liking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 slice prosciutto, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup lombardo dry marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1Melt butter over low heat in a medium saucepan. Turn heat up to medium high to sauté the prosciutto in the melted butter for about 2 to 3 minutes; be careful not to burn butter, add shallots and mushrooms and sauté for about until vegetables are tender then add the garlic and saute another 30 seconds. Add marsala wine, simmer for another 30 seconds or so, then add black pepper. Simmer over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- 2Dissolve corn starch in chicken stock. Add stock to saucepan and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Add parsley and cream to the sauce and simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat, cover until needed.
- 3Preheat barbecue grill on high heat. Combine ingredients for the chicken spice in a small bowl. Use your thumb and fingers to crush the spices in the bowl to make a finer blend.
- 4Brush each chicken breast generously with olive oil. Sprinkle spice blend over both sides of chicken breast and grill for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until done. Give chicken a one quarter turn on each side while cooking to make the criss cross grill marks.
- 5Serve entree by arranging each chicken breast on a plate. Spoon one quarter of the marsala sauce over each serving of chicken and serve. Serves 4.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrabba's Chicken Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.5
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 145.5 mg
- Sodium 1046.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: