Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this on the "Plain Chicken" food blog and it is described as a copycat recipe from Carrabba's. The original recipe included crab meat but this one does not. Serve this savory dish over pasta with crusty bread and crisp salad for a satisfying meal!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 thin chicken cutlets
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup champagne (Dry. You can get dry sparkling wine for $6 a bottle)
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream (or evaporated milk)
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- Whisk together the flour, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan.
- Rinse the chicken pieces in water. Dredge them thoroughly in the flour mixture, until well coated.
- Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add half of the chicken pieces, do not crowd the pan.
- Brown well on each side, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve to a plate. Cook the other breasts in the same manner, remove from pan. Cover with aluminum foil and keep warm in the oven while you prepare the sauce.
- Add the champagne and mushrooms to the pan.
- Use a spatula to scrape up the browned bits.
- Reduce the sauce by half.
- Whisk in cream, kosher salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes and tarragon.
- Heat until sauce thickens to a creamy consistency.
- Serve chicken and sauce over angel hair pasta.