PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this on the "Plain Chicken" food blog and it is described as a copycat recipe from Carrabba's. The original recipe included crab meat but this one does not. Serve this savory dish over pasta with crusty bread and crisp salad for a satisfying meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 thin chicken cutlets
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup champagne (Dry. You can get dry sparkling wine for $6 a bottle)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream (or evaporated milk)
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 1Whisk together the flour, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan.
- 2Rinse the chicken pieces in water. Dredge them thoroughly in the flour mixture, until well coated.
- 3Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- 4Add half of the chicken pieces, do not crowd the pan.
- 5Brown well on each side, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve to a plate. Cook the other breasts in the same manner, remove from pan. Cover with aluminum foil and keep warm in the oven while you prepare the sauce.
- 6Add the champagne and mushrooms to the pan.
- 7Use a spatula to scrape up the browned bits.
- 8Reduce the sauce by half.
- 9Whisk in cream, kosher salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes and tarragon.
- 10Heat until sauce thickens to a creamy consistency.
- 11Serve chicken and sauce over angel hair pasta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrabba's Champagne Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.3
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.8 mg
- Sodium 144.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: