1/2 Photos of Carrabba's Cavatappi Amatriciana (Side Dish Pasta)
This is an approximate verision of Carrabba's. This is served in the restaurant as a side dish but would be just fine as a main dish when pancetta is added in. Cavatappi pasta is a short tubed corkscrew or S-shaped pasta. It can be hard to find but I was able to find it called "Twists" by the pasta brand DaVinci (blue bag).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 -12 ounces cavatappi pasta
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- pancetta (cured italian bacon) (optional)
- 1Cook cavatappi according to package directions; drain.
- 2Saute onions, garlic, and red pepper flakes in olive oil over medium heat till onions are soft and translucent.
- 3Add white wine and cook till nearly evaporated.
- 4Stir in tomatoes with their juice till slightly thickened (3-5 minutes).
- 5Taste, and add salt and pepper as desired.
- 6Mix into cooked cavatappi.
- 7Toss with cheese.
- 8Add cooked pancetta (optional).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrabba's Cavatappi Amatriciana (Side Dish Pasta)
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.6
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 292.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese