Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Recipe is from the blog Meemo's Kitchen.
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup limoncello
- 7 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 quarts cubed stale bread
- granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup limoncello or 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Put bread in 9-by-9-by-2-inch pan or a 2-quart baking dish. Whisk cream, milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and limoncello. Pour over bread. Let sit 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Cover pudding with foil. Bake 40-50 minutes or until pudding is set.
- For simple syrup, combine limoncello and sugar in a small pan. Bring to boil, stirring, to dissolve sugar. Drizzle over bread pudding.
This is the best dessert I have had at Carraba's, It is wonderfully delicious.<br/>I wish it was on their menu all the time. All their dessert are great.<br/>Try it.
The best dessert! Should be on the menu at all times...but especially Fall and Winter!!! Use brioche if at all possible. It is really delicious!!!