1/1 Photo of Carquinyolis - Almond Biscotti
360 hrs 30 mins
I recently tried this biscotti recipe, and told myself that I must share it! This is from my favorite magazine, SAVEUR. ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First, preheat your oven to 375°F.
- 2Secondly, take a baking sheet, and line it with parchment paper and set it aside.
- 3Then, take a small bowl and beat 1 egg in it, and set it aside.
- 4Next fit your standing mixer with the paddle attachment.
- 5Place your sugar, flour, anise, cinnamon, yeast, and zest into a standing mixer bowl, and mix well with the paddle.
- 6Beat in the remaining 2 eggs one at a time, on high speed, mixing well after each addition.
- 7Remove the bowl from mixer and fold in your almonds.
- 8Then you will turn your dough out onto a well floured surface and divide it in half.
- 9Lightly flour your hands to prevent sticking and then shape the dough into 2 slightly flattened cylinders about 3 inches wide by 14 inches long.
- 10Be sure to brush off excess flour from the dough with a dry pastry brush.
- 11Then carefully transfer the dough cylinders to prepared sheet pan, placing them approximately 4 inches apart.
- 12Brush the dough cylinders with the beaten egg you have set aside at the beginning of the process.
- 13Bake for 30 minutes, misting the dough and oven with water from a spray bottle every 10 minutes or so until crust is shiny and dark brown (not burnt) in color.
- 14Remove from the oven when done, and allow them to cool slightly.
- 15Slice on the bias into 1/2 inch thick cookies and transfer the boscotti to a wire rack to allow them to cool completely.
- 16Biscotti can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carquinyolis - Almond Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.2
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 11.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of