Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very popular in France- you'll find it on any bistro menu. A simple salad of grated carrots and parsley, with a few other ingredients. The most important thing is the size of the carrots- they must be grated very thin. This salad is best with carrots alone. I would recommend storing the dressing and the salad separately until time to eat. You may want to add more oil or lemon, etc. But do not overdress. It should glisten, but not be swimming in dressing.
- 7 large carrots
- 1⁄2 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 dash Dijon mustard (optional)
- Peel and grate 7 large carrots. Coarsely chop the parsley and combine with carrots.
- To make the dressing: mix together the juice of 2 lemons, 2 or 3 tablespoons of olive oil, and 2 teaspoons of sugar, some salt, and fresh ground pepper. You may add a dab of Dijon.
- Toss with Carrots then taste; you may add ingredients to your liking.