1/4 Photos of Caron's Tasty Coconut Rice
Baby Kato's Note:
This rice is the best. It has the greatest flavour. We just love it. I hope that you will enjoy it also. It makes a wonderful side dish. I usually use either jasmine or long grain rice for this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced small
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, canned (mix well)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/8 cup golden raisin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (chili paste with holy basil leaf)
- 1 small chili pepper, left whole
- 1 garlic clove, fresh, peeled and coarsley crushed
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, peeled, left whole
- 2 fresh lime leaves, or dried whole leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, chopped or sliced thin
- 1 cup long grain rice or 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1In a large pot, heat peanut oil over medium heat.
- 2Saute onions for 5 minutes.
- 3Add chicken stock, pineapple juice,.
- 4coconut milk and water; bring to a rapid boil.
- 5Add sea salt, pepper, chili paste, chili pepper, garlic, ginger, lime leaves, lemongrass and rice to boiling liquid.
- 6Stir well.
- 7Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until all liquid has been absorbed.
- 8Toast the coconut lightly and set aside.
- 9Finely chop the cilantro and set aside.
- 10When rice is completed, remove the chili pepper, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and lime leaves.
- 11Fluff the rice and before serving add the raisins, toasted coconut and finely chopped cilantro.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caron's Tasty Coconut Rice
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.6
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 28.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.3 mg
- Sodium 378.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh lime leaves