Recipe by wjorma
Daughter Carolyn was the inspiration for this easy dish. You can use any meat or fish or other seafood's in place of the smoked pork. Add the seasonings you prefer.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon soul seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 lb smoked pork, cooked & cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a large pan melt butter on medium
- low heat and stir in flour.
- Stir continually for 2 minutes.
- Add soul seasoning,garlic,celery,onion and bell pepper.
- ( I use red or yellow pepper but green is fine too) -- cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and seasonings and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the broth,meat or fish and rice . Bring to a boil and lower heat. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.