Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my family's favorite fruitcake. Even people who don't care for fruitcake seem to like this one. The chill time is included in the cook time. ***NOTE*** Vegetarians should use vegetarian marshmallows.
- Combined graham cracker crumbs, coconut, cherries, pecans and pineapple in large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Mix marshmallows& milk in top of a double boiler.
- Stir constantly until marshmallows are melted.
- Pour over dry mixture and stir till well blended.
- Line loaf pan with foil.
- Press fruit cake mixture into pan forming a loaf.
- Chill for at least 3-4 hours.
- Slice and enjoy.
This is the fruitcake recipe I have been searching for. I don't like the ice box fruitcakes that have those hard citrus pieces in it. This one is loaded with nuts and good tasting fruit like candied pineapple and cherries. I also added some dried papaya that was in some trail mix I had. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because it turned out too dry and crumbly, so I decided to melt a few more marshmallows in some regular milk. This did the trick and it was perfect. I will definitely use this recipe again, with my modifications.